These releases provide information on the rate of price change of food and food services purchased by households.
The latest releases contain tables on:
- food groups and subgroups – index numbers and percentage changes
- subgroups and sections – index numbers and percentage changes
- non-standard series – index numbers and percentage changes
- weighted average retail prices of selected food items
- population weights by pricing centre
- population weights by region
- expenditure weights by subgroup and section.
Subscribe to our information releases.
Source: Prices surveyed by Statistics New Zealand
Available from: June 1999 month
Geographic coverage: National
You can find previous releases dating back to June 2005 here. For releases prior to this please complete this request form.
Time series data can be accessed from the Infoshare database.
Subject category: Economic indicators
Group: Consumers Price Index